2.6.14

Book Review | John Green ~ The Fault In Our Stars
























"Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten."

So recently i've started reading a lot more, mainly becuase i discovered John Green's books. i used to read all the time when i was younger but then just sort of stopped but then a while back, just after i signed up to instagram, i saw a whole load of people posting about The Fault In Our Stars. So i decided to see what all the fuss was about and bought the book. Even after the first chapter i fell in love with the book and just couldn't put it down and after i'd finished reading it i recommended it to all of my friends and even my English teacher and they all absolutely loved it.

I can honestly say i have never cried so much whilst reading a book before and i struggled to even see the last 100 pages through my tear filled eyes. So if your planning on reading this book i would be sure to have a box of tissues handy as this book would make anybody cry. 

The book takes you on such a beautiful, emotional journey, one minute you're laughing, the next minute you're crying. It really opened my eyes and made me want to do something with my life and to stop feeling sorry for myself all the time.  

Some of my favourite quotes from the book are: 
"You gave me a forever within the numbered days"
"It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you"
"My thoughts are stars i cannot fathom into constellations"
"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"
"That's the thing about pain, it demands to be felt"
"The fault, dear Brutus,is not in our stars, but in ourselves"

I will also be posting a review on Paper Towns and Looking For Alaska soon as i enjoyed the books so much i just need to share them. 

What's your favourite quote from the book?

Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this at the moment and I love it! I was a little worried at first as it's so hyped up but it's truly a brilliant book. I've nearly finished it now and I can't wait to see how it ends.

    http://IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! i was a little sceptical at first but then i really got into it and it's now one of my favourite books, also the ending is so beautiful! xx

      Delete